Cox-Little & Company
Sr IT Systems Engineer
Full Time, Direct Hire
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support, analysis, and development assistance for all technology that supports the daily operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting technical support that have escalated beyond service desk.
• Provide primary computer systems support for all West Fraser facilities.
• Provide hands-on experience in technical support for 100+ Windows-based PCs, laptops and printers.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, peripheral devices, software and network hardware.
• Perform on-site assistance for central IT staff to help diagnose and resolve complex computer hardware and software problems and implement corrective solutions
• Respond to incoming calls, service tickets and/or e-mails regarding problems
• Accurately document and manage trouble instances in the IT trouble ticket system according to the established guidelines
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT infrastructure components
• Participation in projects implementing new technologies to support strategic initiatives
• Support the development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations
• Work with vendors that support various technology related services (e.g. cabling, third-party support, mill applications)
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
• Forward mill-level ideas or concerns to IT management
• Gaining exposure to maintenance and reliability areas of our business operations
• Integrating into a team of professionals motivated to use technology to give our organization a competitive advantage
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• A Two-year degree in Information Technology or equivalent technical certifications
• Experience working in a team, customer service focused environment
• Strong technical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills
• Knowledge of/Experience with Windows 7 and later
• Knowledge of/Experience performing PC & server maintenance on hardware, OS and system software
• Knowledge of/Experience with Windows Server 2008 & above, LINUX and UNIX
• Knowledge of network infrastructure, VM server setup and configuration
• Required to work after hours and weekends at times
• Ability to travel 25% – 50% of the time, including occasional international travel the United States or Canada