Network Operations Analyst, IT Operations and Services
This team member will have a general knowledge of networking technologies, services, circuits, and assets. They will support the Network Services team, part of IT Operations and Services and work take part in new service/location provisioning and Day-2 support for existing locations . They will be involved in: order placement/tracking, project/initiative in-take and scoping, inventory management, report development, change review, review service agreement orders, documenting processes, and review and validate incidents to complete escalations as needed. This is not an engineering position, although it’s preferable for a candidate to have experience building and supporting enterprise networks. No travel is required and this position can be heavily (95% or greater) remote.
- Assist in completing paperwork for orders and tracking delivery of network circuits/services to DG facilities. An understanding of the different types of services being delivered (MPLS, VPLS, DIA, SIP, etc) and how those services are handed off is preferred. The team member will help with order placement, tracking, and communication to internal parties on timelines for services.
- Review of Bills of Material (BOM) and service agreements, ensuring quotes and existing infrastructure match.
- Ability to input purchase orders from BOMs and track shipment/delivery with vendors.
- Previous experience with Coupa for these purposes is preferred.
- Improve existing reports and develop new reports to measure the status of assets in the environment.
- Capable of reviewing operational processes – some established, some ad-hoc/unwritten that need documentation.
- Identify gaps and breakdowns of documented processes and assist with improvements.
- Ability to review incident escalations, perform additional triage/validation and determine if case needs additional escalation with responsible 3rd parties, and to involve them if so.
- Provide operational input to offshore operations team, ensuring incidents and changes are being completed as expected.
- Ensure escalations are taking place to the appropriate team as needed.
- Assist team with escalations that need to take place with 3rd parties/MSPs and track open incidents.
- Build and review alerts, dashboards, and trending in monitoring and analysis tools like Solarwinds, Aruba, Meraki, Extrahop, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a network operations/support capacity required, 5+ years preferred.
- Previous experience in larger/enterprise environments supporting multiple business units and leveraging multiple service providers to deliver capabilities to end user population.
- General understanding of network services: LAN, WAN, WLAN, Broadband, Bandwidth, Latency, MPLS, VPLS.
- Candidate should generally understand and explain the difference between these areas.
- Preferred understanding of and experience utilizing/troubleshooting: VLANs, IP Subnetting, OSPF/BGP/Static
- Routing, Wireless LANs, Firewalls, VoIP and similar/related technologies.
- Some experience with requisition/purchase order systems, preferably Coupa.
- Understanding of basic financial/accounting practices, such as what qualifies as capital/expense for order coding.
- Experience using MS Excel, Power BI, and/or other reporting tools to update service reports, improve inventory tracking, issue status, etc.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.