- Charlotte, NC
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- $120K salary
- Onsite: Required, allows for remote 1 day a week
- Industry: Manufacturing
This position will be responsible for support, maintenance and implementation of the corporate network infrastructure by: Implementing strategic network designs in order to support current and future applications and business needs; performing day-to-day network configuration updates; managing the corporate edge firewall; proactively providing system and network upgrades and updates to ensure all devices are maintainable and supported; assisting other IT administrators with initiatives that entail networking components, maintain an asset inventory of network equipment and assuring that support contracts are in place, acting as a resource to help resolve escalated user support cases.
· BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline preferred.
· CCNP/CCNA or equivalent experience
· Advanced Cisco certifications
Network Administration – System components include routers, switches, firewalls, and related equipment in data centers and distribution closets.
· Cisco knowledge is a must.
· Able to architect and design detailed configurations for advanced Local Area Network and Wide Area Network Solutions.
· Able to install and administer systems to protect network security
· Able to plan and deploy advanced network communications solutions effectively – including wireless networks.
· Able to assess and monitor a complex network to ensure service is provided as designed.
· Able to perform advanced network communications troubleshooting.
· Experience with Palo Alto and Fortinet firewalls.
· Familiarity with proxy and CASB solutions.
· 3-7 Years minimum hands on experience designing, deploying, and supporting Cisco multi-protocol networks.
· 3-7 Years minimum hands on experience administrating Palo Alto firewall.
· 2+ Years experience managing wireless networks.
· VMWare vSwitching
The following areas of knowledge are strongly preferred:
· Barracuda email archiver
· Azure AD and Azure Cloud
· F5 experience
This position also requires after-hours work and necessitates an individual who is available on an on-call basis. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are a must. The candidate must also be a self-starter who can also excel in a team environment.