Cox-Little & Company
Lead Desktop Support Administrator
- Full Time, Direct Hire
- Memphis, TN
- $65-$75K Salary
- Onsite Required
- Manufacturing Industry
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide support, analysis, and development assistance for all technology that supports the daily operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Troubleshooting technical support that have escalated beyond service desk.
• Provide primary computer systems support for all West Fraser facilities.
• Provide hands-on experience in technical support for 100+ Windows-based PCs, laptops and printers.
• Install, maintain, and troubleshoot end user workstation hardware, peripheral devices, software and network hardware.
• Perform on-site assistance for central IT staff to help diagnose and resolve complex computer hardware and software problems and implement corrective solutions
• Respond to incoming calls, service tickets and/or e-mails regarding problems
• Accurately document and manage trouble instances in the IT trouble ticket system according to the established guidelines
• Develop and maintain an inventory of all IT infrastructure components
• Participation in projects implementing new technologies to support strategic initiatives
• Support the development and implementation of new computer projects and new hardware installations
• Work with vendors that support various technology related services (e.g. cabling, third-party support, mill applications)
• If necessary, liaise with third-party support and PC equipment vendors
• Forward mill-level ideas or concerns to IT management
• Gaining exposure to maintenance and reliability areas of our business operations
• Integrating into a team of professionals motivated to use technology to give our organization a competitive advantage
• Special projects and other duties as assigned.
• A Two-year degree in Information Technology or equivalent technical certifications
• Experience working in a team, customer service focused environment
• Strong technical, problem-solving, and trouble-shooting skills
• Knowledge of/Experience with Windows 7 and later
• Knowledge of/Experience performing PC & server maintenance on hardware, OS and system software
• Knowledge of/Experience with Windows Server 2008 & above, LINUX and UNIX
• Knowledge of network infrastructure, VM server setup and configuration
• Required to work after hours and weekends at times
• Ability to travel 25% – 50% of the time, including occasional international travel the United States or Canada